Wood Stove causes Smoke and Soot Damage in Broomall, PA
Who doesn’t love the cozy feel of a fire burning in a wood stove? While normally providing warmth to the home, the wood stove in this Broomall, PA home had a venting issue that caused soot and smoke to enter the home instead of venting out of the flue. SERVPRO of Media was called out to mitigate the damage.
When our trained professionals arrived on site, they performed an assessment and found the wood stove had deposited soot throughout the entire living area. Donning appropriate safety gear, they carefully and methodically cleaned and deodorized all surfaces in the affected area, and placed air scrubbers to remove odor and particulates from the air. All contents in the living area were also cleaned and deodorized, restoring the home to "Like it never even happened."