Do I have Mold?
When water penetrates into your home or business, mold growth can start in as soon as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is EVERYWHERE! Indoors and outdoors. But how much is indoors and outdoors are the two most important thing to know when determining what you have to do about it.
- Mold spores are microscopic and cannot be seen with the human eye. They float in the air and can enter your home through open windows and doors, or AC/heating systems or attach to your clothing or a pet to get inside your home.
- Mold spores LOVE moisture. Mold spores quickly grow into colonies when exposed to moisture. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before we can begin mold remediation, all sources of moisture penetrating the structure must be addressed, or the mold may reoccur post remediation.
- Mold often produces a strong, mildew odor, and that smell can create problems for your indoor air quality and can limit you from enjoying your home.
- Higher-than-normal indoor humidity can perpetuate consistent mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent through using consistent dehumidification.
- Change air filters in your HVAC units to prevent transference of mold spores through your home through the ducts of your HVAC system.
Should you need SERVPRO of Media for your mold remediation needs. We are here to help. We've been making it "Like it never even happened," for 28 years and counting in Delaware County, PA.
Call the professionals. We are available through 365 days a year 24/7.
SERVPRO of Media - 610-566-5720.