Do I have Mold?
Call your trusted Mold Remediation professionals in Media, PA and Newtown Square, PA. We are here to help you make it "Like it never even happened."
When water penetrates into your home or business, mold growth can start in as soon as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is EVERYWHERE! Indoors and outdoors. But how much is indoors and outdoors are the two most important thing to know when determining what you have to do about it.
- Mold spores are microscopic and cannot be seen with the human eye. They float in the air and can enter your home through open windows and doors, or AC/heating systems or attach to your clothing or a pet to get inside your home.
- Mold spores LOVE moisture. Mold spores quickly grow into colonies when exposed to moisture. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before we can begin mold remediation, all sources of moisture penetrating the structure must be addressed, or the mold may reoccur post remediation.
- Mold often produces a strong, mildew odor, and that smell can create problems for your indoor air quality and can limit you from enjoying your home.
- Higher-than-normal indoor humidity can perpetuate consistent mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent through using consistent dehumidification.
- Change air filters in your HVAC units to prevent transference of mold spores through your home through the ducts of your HVAC system.
Should you need SERVPRO of Media for your mold remediation needs. We are here to help. We've been making it "Like it never even happened," for 28 years and counting in Delaware County, PA.
Call the professionals. We are available through 365 days a year 24/7.
SERVPRO of Media - 610-566-5720.
SERVPRO of Media understands the stress you experience when water damage devastates your business or home. That is why we are available 24/7 to help. Our team of experts are quick to any job of any size.
Our certified technicians will mitigate the damage to prevent mold, mildew or bacteria. Using EPA disinfectants, we will make your business or home safe to reenter and occupy. We ensure our team is trained and up to date with all of their credentials.
SERVPRO has been trusted by local businesses and insurance companies to assist with their water damage projects. We are there when your family needs help the most. Any type of damage in your home can be a devastating time and can cause a lot of stress in the household. Working with true professionals can definitely help the process and get your home back to normal as quickly as possible.
Signs That You May Have Mold
Mold growth is very common around windows, where warm indoor air comes into contact with the cooler glass window panes causing condensation.
You may have heard of the complications that mold can cause in your home, but what exactly is mold? Mold is not a plant, but a fungus. We are exposed to small amounts of mold every single day through the air, but as soon as mold spores come into contact with a damp, moist surface and begin to reproduce, that is when they have the potential to become harmful.
Past Flooding, Water Leaks, and Condensation
High humidity and condensation create the perfect conditions for mold to grow. The microorganisms that turn into mold are always in the air around us. Once they are exposed to water, mold growth can start within 24-48 hours. If you have had past flooding, or have persistent high humidity in your home, it is at higher risk of developing mold growth.
Deterioration, Rust, and Warping
Condensation and moisture can manifest themselves physically in the form of deterioration and rusting. Some examples include pipes rusting, drywall and wood warping, paint chipping, wallpaper peeling, and other materials deteriorating. If you notice any of these, this could be a sign that your house has high moisture levels indicating a higher chance of there being mold growth.
Seeing and Smelling
If you see mold, immediate action is required. Even very small patches of mold have the potential to spread, and the fact that there is mold at all shows that your home has the correct conditions for mold growth. This is important to note, as mold can grow in places you cannot see, such as the inside of wallpaper, walls, ventilation ducts, and under carpets and floorboards. It is possible to smell mold without actually seeing it. Mold has a persistent smell that, over time, you can eventually get used to. This is dangerous as it can give homeowners the false impression of the mold having gone away.
If you detect any signs of mold in your home or business, do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Media. Following the industry standards for mold remediation, we will work to remove the mold and reduce the likelihood of future mold growth.
How to prevent mold growth in your home
Mold from a leak growing on walls and ceiling
Mold is everywhere inside and outside of our homes. Given the right conditions (food, moisture, heat, humidity), mold can grown out of control and become unsightly, cause property damage, and even cause health issues.
The number one way to prevent the growth of mold in your home is to fix leaks and dry the area as quickly as possible. Proper insulation around pipes and in homes can prevent condensation. Proper ventilation and air movement can aid in keeping things dry. Dehumidifiers are helpful in reducing humidity levels in your home to safer levels.
In the event there is mold in your home, trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Media! We will give a free assessment to remediate the mold!